Apply for BAC
Membership in BAC is one of the best leadership positions on campus. Few other leadership opportunities provide students an opportunity to authentically own their role in an organization that impacts the university as deeply as BAC.
Members will gain valuable competencies that are desirable in any career field. Members can expect to develop skills in budget management, marketing, project management, event planning, negotiation, and leadership.
BAC's events are pivotal to the Baylor experience. Planning and execution of these programs does require a considerable investment of time, energy, and effort. Beyond attending meetings, working with partners, and executing tasks, BAC asks its members to leverage their unique talents to develop iconic experiences unlike anything else on campus that impact thousands of students. This kind of work requires a team that is well trained and dedicated to the mission of BAC. As such, expectations are high, but, as a result, we believe our leaders gain an inimitable experience that fosters capable leaders.
Specific requirements include:
- BAC members are required to have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.65
- In the days leading up to move-in during August, BAC members attend SALT, Baylor's premier student leadership training retreat
- BAC meets every Tuesday evening from 6:30 to 8:30 PM
- To equip members with the skills to plan and execute complex campus events, we train in March and April on a weekly basis
- Members conduct planning over the summer with program partners on a semi-frequent basis
Application Process and Deadlines
Interested in joining? Click here to start your application!
Got questions about becoming a member? Contact our interim staff advisor, Jordy Dickey, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @BaylorBAC!