Statement on Public Health
Baylor University recognizes the importance of creating and maintaining a healthy campus environment for students, faculty, and staff. Baylor University is committed to a policy of preventing the spread of infectious diseases. To these ends, the following goals have been adopted by Baylor Health Services:
- Actions and policies on public health will be based on current and reliable information.
- A vigorous program of health education for all segments of the University community will be pursued, permitting faculty, staff, and students to have access to accurate reliable information.
- All students will be required to submit a complete health form that includes a documented immunization history to protect the health of all on campus and to comply with Texas law.
- Clinics will be held at regular intervals to provide preventive vaccines for seasonal influenza each year. In addition, Baylor Health Services is available to give routine and travel immunizations to students, faculty and staff during clinic hours.
- Baylor Health Services maintains close contact with and follows recommendations of the Waco-McLennan County Public Health District, the Texas Department of State Health Services, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Additional policies and procedures will be adopted as necessary to address the basic purpose of preserving good health. All confidential health information will be handled in compliance with legal requirements and professional ethical standards.
Modified 2-8-08; 1-29-09; 8-18-09; 10-29-18