Being a Bear is marked by our care for Baylor and our neighbors in Waco. Living in a neighborhood gives us the opportunity to live in community with one another and share space with our Waco family. And, as with any neighborhood, our actions impact others in profound ways both positively and negatively.
Our collective responsibility as neighbors calls us to look out for one another and care for our spaces. Our actions are a reflection of the values Baylor stands for in this community. We are asking you, as Baylor students, to be good neighbors and responsible members of our neighborhood.
There are a couple ways you can proactively serve our community. Please be attentive to collecting trash and discarded furniture in receptacles and in assigned trash-collection locations. Never place your trash in the yard of someone else and discard large items appropriately.
HERE ARE SOME WAYS TO SERVE
• Donate Items: You can call the Salvation Army at (254) 756-7271 to donate clothes, furniture, or other household items to meet needs in our community. MORE INFO
• Report Safety or Maintenance Concerns: Call City of Waco hotline at (254) 299-2489. MORE INFO
• Care for Stray Animals: Call the Central Texas Humane Society at (254) 754-1454. or Animal Control (254) 750-1765.
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS TO KNOW
• Trash day is Tuesday.
• Trash Carts: Do not leave trash carts sitting at curbside continuously. Move them near your house after collection is complete.
• Bulk Items: Bulky items, such as furniture, may be picked up by Solid Waste Service if placed beside your cart on trash collection day. If you have more than one 4’x4’x5’ pile, call (254) 299-2612 to arrange a special pick up. There may be a fee for large piles.
• Recycling: Glass and metal containers can be collected and recycled Tuesday through Saturday from 8am-5pm at Cobbs Recycling Center located at 2021 N 44th St, Waco, TX 76710. To learn more about Cobb’s services, call (254) 751-8536.
• Questions? If you have questions about materials to discard or other service-related concerns, contact Solid Waste Service: Customer Service – (254) 299-2612.