Consulting & Tutoring Services
The mission of the Baylor Statistical Collaboration Center is to enhance the quality of research involving statistical methods conducted at Baylor University and with external partners. Specific goals for the center are:
1) Provide meaningful educational experiences for statistics students in working on applied research
2) Act as a hub which facilitates collaborative research at the university
3) As a “Center that learns” promote efforts to expand the overall level of knowledge of statistical methods used in research
The vision for the center aligns with the Baylor vision to “equip individuals to understand life as a divine calling and thus serve society and the world in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ”, aspiring to the principles found in Colossians 3:23-24:
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.”
The type of services provided by the SCC include:
- Short Term Statistical Analysis:
For students, researchers and faculty at Baylor University, we provide advice and assistance with short-term statistical analysis at no charge. You are especially encouraged to contact us early in your research, preferably at the design stage. The time normally required to complete a project may vary from a few hours to several weeks.
- Designing experiments and initial plans for data collection.
- Providing advice on statistical methodology for the analysis of data.
- Assisting researchers in the interpretation of statistical results.
- Providing assistance for writing computer programs, particularly, SAS programs.
- Long Term Collaborative Research:
We seek to promote cross-disciplinary interaction and collaborative research between the faculty and students in Statistics and their counterparts in other disciplines.
- Assistance in Preparation of Research Grant Proposals:
We invite researchers working on grant proposals to include statistical consulting and data-analysis as an item in their research plans and their budgets.
For problems concerning installation and licensing of statistical software or data management, please contact the Help Desk (254-710-4357).
You will be contacted once the request for assistance is received. At that time please provide us with days and times for which you and your adviser can meet for the initial consultation.
Contact for the Consulting Center:
Dr. Rodney Sturdivant
Office number 254-710-1663