- Chapel requirement is two semesters for an entering freshman and for a student who transfers to Baylor from another institution and who is classified by Baylor at the time of transfer as either a freshman or sophomore.
- Entering freshmen who begin in a fall semester must take Chapel during that semester.
- Chapel requirement is at least one semester for a student who transfers to Baylor from another institution and who is classified by Baylor at the time of transfer as either a junior or senior.
- Credit for Chapel requires attendance of at least three-fourths of all meetings.
- Most students must attend 21 or the 28 Chapel Sessions (MW)each semester
First-Year students involved in University 1000 during the fall semester must attend 26 of the 34 sessions (you may miss 8 chapels and/or University 1000 sessions).
For more detailed information on the Chapel policies, please download the syllabus
Attendance and Scanners
The only time your attendance is registered at Chapel is when the scanner displays a GREEN light. If your card has been rejected, the scanner will display a RED light. When an error occurs, simply try your card again. If your ID Card is not registering properly, you may ask for a voucher and turn it in to the Chapel Voucher Stand immediately following Chapel. Vouchers are limited to THREE per semester. If you must use a voucher, you are required to go to Robinson Tower to attain a replacement ID card that functions properly. After your third voucher, you will be marked absent.
We encourage our students to keep up with their attendance; however, the only record of attendance that will be used to determine pass or fail will be the one maintained by the Office of Spiritual Life.
Please contact our office within two weeks if you encounter a problem with your attendance count or identification card. The Office of Spiritual Life cannot rectify situations regarding attendance beyond the two week disputation period.
You can monitor your absences by using the link below.