How to Apply
Interested in Applying?
Baylor’s School Psychology faculty take a holistic approach to admission by accounting for a variety of criteria including undergraduate major, experiences with children, passion for the profession, etc. While it is beneficial for your undergraduate major to be in psychology or education is not a requirement. You are not required to have a master’s degree. We strongly encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds and have a commitment to continuing to build a diverse and inclusive program. Please contact us at any time for immediate assistance.
Important Dates to Remember
PhD Waco: Feb. 15
EdS Dallas & Waco: Feb. 1*
*Meeting the priority deadline of Feb. 1 ensures priority consideration. However, applications submitted after the priority deadline may be considered. Please contact program director/coordinator for more information after February 1.
Criteria / Required Information
- GRE Scores – You are required to take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), and the scores must be within the past 5 years. There is no established minimum score to admission. Typical scores for admitted students can be found on the "Outcomes" links for the PhD and EdS programs.
- Transcripts – Official transcript(s) of all prior undergraduate and graduate coursework are required, with at 3.0 minimum requirement on a 4.0 scale.
- Letter of Intent - A letter of intent describing why you want to study school psychology and believe you are a good fit for a Baylor program in School Psychology. This letter should be no longer than 3 pages.
Please specify a program:
- EdS School Psychology-Dallas
- EdS School Psychology-Waco
- PhD School Psychology-Waco
- Letters of Recommendation - Three letters of recommendation from individuals who know you and can speak to your educational or professional experience. One letter should be from an academic advisor or faculty member who is acquainted with the requirements, demands, and expectations common to professional psychology programs. If an applicant has clinical experience, a letter from a supervisor (school psychologist, counselor, etc.) should be included.
- Current Resume – Please send a current resume.
The application process is online only through the Baylor Graduate School. The "Apply Now" button links to the Graduate School portal.
All applicants must submit the information described in the Required Information above (GRE, transcripts, etc.) to the Baylor Graduate School before an application is considered complete.
Please contact us for immediate assistance at any time.