MA in Teaching (MAT)
Feb. 1 for June start
SIGNIFICANT SCHOLARSHIPS FOR QUALIFYING STUDENTS
The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) is a residential program offering initial teacher certification. The MAT adheres to Baylor’s national award-winning teacher-education model, providing thorough preparation through a program rich in faculty-guided field-based experiences.
The MAT is ideal for graduates of Baylor and other universities with a bachelor's degree or significant coursework in the content areas listed below and offers training for initial teacher certification.
• APPLY (Baylor Graduate School)
Certification Options in the MAT program:
- Secondary Education (Grades 7-12 content-specific certification / 6-12 for physical science certification): SLE
- Middle Grades Education (Grades 4-8 content-specific certification): MLE
- Elementary (EC-6) Education (Early Childhood – Grade 6 General Education certification): ELE
Content Areas for Middle and Secondary Certification*
- English (English Language Arts and Reading)
- Life Science (Biology)
- Physical Science (Chemistry and/or Physics)
- Social Studies
*Applicants must have 24 hours of coursework, with at least 12 hours at the 3,000 or 4,000 level, in the content area to pursue Middle or Secondary Education.
• MAT Coursework
• Certification Information (Baylor Office of Professional Practice)
Dr. Rachelle Rogers, Department of Curriculum & Instruction
One Bear Place #97314, Waco, TX, 76798
Email: CI_Graduate@baylor.edu or