Local and State Resources
Autism Resource Guide for Central Texas
Directory of Community Resources in Texas
- A project of The Center on Disability and Development at Texas A&M University-allows users to search, contribute, and update disability resources throughout the state of Texas. Over 3,000 disability agencies and supports are listed in this interactive directory.
IDEA Manual 2007.
- IDEA's Manual for Parents and Students About Special Education Services in Texas. Its a complete guide to your legal rights and understanding IEPs, ARDs etc.
Service Delivery Systems.
- Service Delivery Innovations for Autism Spectrum Disorders. A consumer report of interventions used by families. Includes a review of ASD literature, Survey report, recommendations, and intervention strategies and categories.
Texas Council on Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorders, 2008 Report:
- Recommendations to the 81st Legislature.
The Children's Special Needs Network (CSNN)
- CSNN is a non-profit organization that serves families with children with special needs and chronic illness. They serve children ages birth through 21 in 30 counties across Central Texas.
Autism and Addressing Puberty
Autism Society-Puberty and Children on the Autism Spectrum
Autism Speaks-ASD and Health
Raising Children Network: Children with ASD, Getting Ready for Puberty
Autism Society website in Spanish
Autism Speaks-Spanish Resource for Grandparents