Scholarships for Undergraduates
Scholarship Applications open on January 1, 2023
The School of Education (SOE) will award more than $500,000 in departmental scholarships to undergraduate students for the next academic year. Unlike other assistance available from Baylor University financial aid resources, these endowed scholarships are awarded solely by the School of Education for School of Education majors.
All School of Education scholarships are available for incoming freshmen through graduating seniors, but students must apply each year. Students only need to fill out one SOE application for all SOE endowed scholarships. School of Education scholarship award notices are sent via email by May 15.
Please note: All Baylor need-based scholarships are awarded to students with demonstrated financial need as determined by university data and required filings of these:
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- CSS Profile
*** Find all the FAFSA and CSS info HERE ***
The SOE awards these primary types of scholarships:
- Merit-based scholarships are highly competitive and are awarded to students with demonstrated outstanding academic performance at Baylor.
- Need-based scholarships are awarded to students with demonstrated financial need as determined by a current FAFSA form, CSS Profile, and other University data.
- Combination Merit/Need-based scholarships are awarded to students with both high academic achievement at Baylor and financial need (as determined by a current FAFSA form, CSS Profile, and other University data).
- The Impact Living-Learning Center offers need-based $3,000 scholarships to incoming students and provides priority to Education majors.
- Distinguished Scholars Day scholarships are awarded through the invitation-only event for prospective undergraduates of high achievement. Participants will submit an essay to apply.
Note: Some scholarship funds have other specific requirements established by the donors; e.g. departmental affiliation, specific degree program, classification, career path, etc. You can investigate these via the Departmental Scholarship Search web site.
Minimum Scholarship Requirements:
- Recipients must be enrolled in a degree program within the School of Education for at least the fall semester before the spring application window. Entering freshmen may apply if they have been accepted to the University for fall and plan to enroll in a degree program in the SOE. Failure to enroll in a SOE degree program will automatically forfeit SOE endowed scholarship funds.
- To be considered for any need-based or combination merit/need-based scholarship, a current FAFSA form must be on file with the University. Note: Some merit-only scholarships do not require submission of a FAFSA form.
- All SOE scholarships have a minimum 2.75 GPA requirement.
- Applications for the following academic year become available after the beginning of classes in the spring semester. Students must complete this online School of Education Scholarship Application by the stated due date. Some scholarships require specific characteristics so the applicant must complete the entire form to be considered for all possible scholarships. All personal information is requested only for the purpose of matching scholarship criteria. Students will receive confirmation of their application submissions.
The School of Education Enrollment Management Committee reviews all applications. The University's financial aid office notifies scholarship recipients, who are expected to attend the Scholarship Donor/Recipient Reception in the fall.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Jenifer Johnson by email: Jenifer_Johnson@baylor.edu