Admissions: MA Ed Psych - ABA
Enrollment: Summer Semester (typically)
Application is through the Baylor University Graduate School.
- Personal statement
- GRE Scores*
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Undergraduate Transcripts
* The ABA concentration for the M.S.Ed. and M.A. programs is not requiring the GRE for students applying to start in spring 2021, summer 2021, and fall 2021.
- Is the GRE a requirement for admissions?
Yes, the GRE is a requirement for any applicant seeking the MA in Educational Psychology with a Concentration ABA.
- Is there a minimum GRE score requirement?
No, an applicant’s admission materials are reviewed as a whole package. Although we do not have a minimum score, we generally advise that applicants scoring below the 30th percentile in any of the three subtests consider retaking the exam in efforts to improve the score.
- Are applicants required to have a specific undergraduate degree field or prior experience with Applied Behavior Analysis?
No, we accept students with a variety of backgrounds. Each academic background brings a unique perspective into the student’s graduate studies. While most of our students have undergraduate degrees in psychology or education, we have had successful students with almost every other degree available! We also have students with years of experience with ABA and/or children with developmental disabilities, and some who have none. We welcome any student with a passion to start graduate studies in the field of ABA regardless of past experiences.
- What should I include in my personal statement?
Describe your interest in pursuing the MA in Educational Psychology with a Concentration in ABA at Baylor University. Share with the admissions committee your professional interests and career aspirations.
- Who should write my letters of recommendation?
We advise that you vary the individuals writing your letters of recommendation in order to give a broad overview of your strengths and needs. We recommend you include a letter from at least one professor who can describe your academic potential and one supervisor who can describe your strengths in professional settings.
- Will I be required to complete an interview as part of my application process?
In many cases, we will invite applications to participate in an interview held via videoconference.
- Can I apply early?
Yes, we welcome early applications. In some cases, we may be able to provide you with an early decision, depending on the availability of the admissions committee to review early applications.
- Do all new students begin in June?
Typically, MA students enroll only in the summer semester. For more information, contact the MA in Educational Psychology with Concentration in ABA Coordinator, Dr. Stephanie Gerow, for more information.
- Are all students awarded a graduate assistantship? If not, when will I know if I have been awarded a graduate assistantship?
We know how important financial support is to your decision to attend Baylor University! We work hard to provide many financial opportunities for students. As a result, many students receive graduate assistantships and scholarships; however, these are competitive. In most cases, funding award decisions will be communicated with applicants in at least one to three months prior to enrollment.