Applying to the Graduate Program:
- Complete an application to the Baylor University Graduate School.
- Request Graduate Record Exam scores be sent to Baylor.
- Send transcripts from all previous educational institutions.
- Submit your resume or curriculum vitae (CV).
- Submit a personal statement, that includes academic/research area interest.
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation.|
- Submit a writing sample if available.
Each of these steps is handled through the Graduate School's online application process.
The Application Process
- The Sociology Graduate Admissions Committee makes admission decisions based on a combination of GPA, GRE scores, letters of recommendation, personal statement, interest areas, and academic achievement.
- Students who complete their applications by January 15th will be considered for recruitment days.
- After the sociology admissions committee meets, applicants will be informed whether or not they were accepted into the program and the amount of their tuition awards and stipends.
- After students have entered the program they will be offered a graduate student orientation.
- Applicants may e-mail the Graduate Program Director at Kevin_Dougherty@baylor.edu and please copy any inquiry to Sharon_Tate@baylor.edu, the Graduate Program Administrator.