Addiction and Recovery
On this page you will find our recommendations of books, research articles, editorials, websites, movies, podcasts, and other media that we use in our research and work with Addiction and Recovery.
Research Articles and Editorials:
- DiReda, J., Gonsalvez, J. (2016). The role of spirituality in treating substance use disorders. Journal of Psychology and Clinical Psychiatry, 6(4). https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/5c5f/9b2b413897b784706a68082ae991de7c5bdb.pdf
- Grim, B., & Grim, M. (2019). Belief, behavior, and belonging: How faith is indispensable in preventing and recovering from substance abuse. Journal of Religion and Health, 58, 1713–1750. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10943-019-00876-w
- Laudet, A. B., Morgen, K., & White, W. L. (2006). The role of social supports, spirituality, religiousness, life meaning and affiliation with 12-step fellowships in quality of life satisfaction among individuals in recovery from alcohol and drug problems. Alcoholism Treatment Quarterly, 24(1-2), 33–73. https://doi.org/10.1300/J020v24n01_04
- Windle, M. (2012). A multilevel development contextual approach to substance use and addiction. National Institutes of Health, 5, 124–136. doi:10.1057/biosoc.2009.9.
- Faith Recovery. (2020, February 26). Drug Rehab. from https://www.drugrehab.com/recovery/faith-and-religion/.
- Dunham, D. (2018, January 30). A High Calling: The Challenges of a Church-Based Addiction Ministry. Pastor Dave Online. https://pastordaveonline.org/2018/01/30/a-high-calling-the-challenges-of-a-church-based-addiction-ministry/.
Movies, Podcasts, and Other Media:
Websites and Other Resources: