Guardianship Education Program
Texas Legislative Update NOW AVAILABLE!
Welcome to the online Guardianship education program: A Complete Guide to Guardianship, offered by the Garland School of Social Work and Friends for Life. The program consists of 11 individual courses and a number of packages specifically designed for different career fields (see packages available below).
These courses, written by attorneys and guardianship professionals with years of experience, offer a comprehensive examination of the complex subject of adult guardianship. The courses provide information needed to understand the basics of being a good guardian from beginning to end, including the importance of considering alternatives to guardianship and monitoring for continued need.
We now offer the 2021 Texas Legislative Update (TLU). The TLU course is $30, but BONUS—if you complete the full certificate program, get the TLU FOR FREE! Check it out now!
Some of our courses include:
- What is Guardianship?
- How do I determine if Guardianship is the right choice?
- Minimum standards for Certified Guardians
- How does person-centered planning ensure the best quality of life?
- What happens when things change?
- What does a Guardian of the Person actually do?
- And so much more!
This program is great for...
- new and professional guardians
- social workers
- senior advocates
- health care providers
- attorneys and court staff
- school officials
- medical professionals
- family guardians
- and anyone who wants to learn more about Guardianship
Click the icons below for more information about what we offer.
- The JBCC has approved 16.5 Guardianship CEU credit hours for the Comprehensive package.
- The State Bar of Texas has approved 4.5 CLE credit hours for the Attorney package.
- Texas Legislative Update has been approved for 1.5 CEU credit hours by the JBCC.
- LMSW/LPC CEUs are also available.
- Individual courses are $30.
- Full certificate program is $220 (all 11 courses).
- Package prices vary. Click on each package for prices.
- TLU course is $30, but complete the full certificate program, receive the TLU FOR FREE!
For more information, call (254) 710-6440 and leave a message or email email@example.com
A special thanks to our sponsors...
John Caldwell, Attorney at Law • Greg Shannon, Senior Concepts, Inc.