The Garland School of Social Work requires applicants have either a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or proof of equivalent training at a foreign institution of higher learning.
International applicants are citizens or permanent residents of a country to which they intend to return other than the United States must submit a completed application that includes:
- GoGarland Online Application
- $45 Application Fee
- GSSW Financial Aid Form
- CSS International Profile
- Letters of recommendation: At least one of your three letters of recommendation should come from an academic professor who has direct knowledge of your academic work.
- Transcripts from all college level institutions where the applicant has attended, whether or not a degree was earned. Transcripts should include a yearly or semester records from each college or university attended that indicate the number of lecture and/or laboratory hours per week, per course, and the grade received in each course.
- Diplomas/Proof of Degree/Academic Certificates is required for each degree you have received. The documents will include the title and date of the degree conferred.
- International applicants must demonstrate English-language proficiency by submitting either the TOEFL or IELTS scores to Baylor using Institution Code: 6032
- Minimum score required for English Language Proficiency are:
- TOEFL minimum score: Paper: 550; Computer: 213; Internet: 80 and scores received are valid up to 2 years from the date of the examination.
- IELTS minimum score: 6.5 and scores received are valid up to 2 years from the date of the examination.
Exceptions for the English language requirement include:
- You have a conferred degree from an accredited U.S. institution.
- You are a citizen of a country in which English is the primary official language.
- You received a degree in a country in which English is the primary official language.
- You received your degree from an international government-recognized/accredited school where all courses were taught in English.
Our admissions coordinators are proficient in reviewing academic records from different educational systems from around the world. If however, the coordinator is unable to verify the accreditation status or authenticity of academic documents, etc. the applicant will be asked to provide supplemental information, or to obtain an evaluation from WES (World Education Services). Please request all official evaluations to be sent to:
Garland School of Social Work
One Bear Place, #97320
Waco, Texas 76798-7320
OR via email at MSW_Admissions@baylor.edu
For additional information and specific helps on understanding the many processes, regulations, and timelines for international students, please visit Center for Global Engagement.