The Garland School of Social Work at Baylor University is dedicated to helping AmeriCorps alumni continue their education. We are committing the following benefits for AmeriCorps alumni applying to the residential Master of Social Work Program:
- We waive the $45 application fee for all eligible AmeriCorps alumni applying to our Master of Social Work Program. To identify your AmeriCorps affiliation and have the application fee waived, contact MSW_Admissions@baylor.edu. Please state that you served/are serving with AmeriCorps and reference our partnership.
- Admitted eligible AmeriCorps alumni will have the option to defer admission into the Master of Social Work Program for up to one year.
- Up to four eligible AmeriCorps alumni admitted into the Master of Social Work program will receive at least a 50% tuition discount for up to two years.
- One eligible AmeriCorps alumni admitted into the Master of Social Work Program will receive a 100% tuition discount for up to two years.
- To be considered for all tuition discount awards, eligible AmeriCorps alumni applicants will be required to submit an additional essay as part of their Master of Social Work Application.
The above benefits are available to students applying to our Waco and Houston Master of Social Work programs. To qualify for an award, students must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 hours per semester. For information about our MSW Program and the application process, please visit
Learn more about the program here.