How to Apply - MSW

The Garland School of Social Work is no longer accepting applications for the 2021-2022 academic year. The application for the Fall 2022 academic year will open September 1, 2021. To learn more about social work, the MSW at Baylor, and application process fill out our inquiry form here.

Note: Students applying to the Waco campus (as standard or advanced standing) must have a degree conferred date by July 15th to be eligible to apply for the upcoming academic year.

For specific MSW eligibility requirements, follow the links below:

Students interested in applying for the Baylor University residential MSW Standard or Advanced Standing Degree option are required to submit the following documents:

Transcripts uploaded or submitted by the applicant are considered unofficial however, transcripts that are sent directly from the institution are considered official. Official, certified electronic transcripts should be sent to: Official hard copy transcripts should be mailed to:

Garland School of Social Work
Graduate Admissions
One Bear Place, #97320
Waco, Texas 76798-7320

A completed application includes submission of the GoGarland Application and all supplemental application materials. Please allow up to 72 hours of processing time for all documents.

Transfer Students
A limited number of transfer credits may be accepted from other institutions. Applications will be reviewed on an individual basis.

For more information regarding the MSW Application, contact the School of Social Work via email at or phone at 254-710-6411.