Title IV Credit Authorizations


You have a Title IV credit balance if your federal financial aid exceeds your allowable charges (tuition, fees, university housing and meal plans) in a payment period.

1. I authorize Baylor University to use any Title IV fund credit balance to pay any current miscellaneous charges that I incur, such as, but not limited to, parking, health insurance, and late fees.

2. If all current year institutional charges are paid, I further authorize any Title IV fund credit balance to pay any minor outstanding university charges from prior years, not to exceed $200. If a student says “Yes” to this question, federal funds can be used to pay for other charges like lost library books, parking permits, health center fees, etc.  If a student says “No,” the university will send an electronic refund by direct deposit for the Title IV credit balance. (A refund by check will be mailed if an electronic refund profile account is not set up in the E-Bill System.) A student who says “No” and has a parking fee on their account could have a hold for not making this payment out of pocket.

Funds include Federal Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants, Federal Academic Competitiveness Grants, National SMART Grants, Federal Direct Stafford and PLUS Loans, and Federal Perkins Loans.

If you have been awarded Title IV financial aid and you have not previously completed the Title IV Credit Authorization, you should complete the authorization process via your BearWeb account by following this path: Student Financial Services > Student Account > Title IV Authorizations. 

If you do not grant authorization, your federal financial aid and loans cannot be used to pay for charges other than tuition, fees, university housing and meal plans, and any excess aid will be refunded to you. This may negatively affect any financial plan you have in place.

These authorizations are voluntary and will remain in effect for the duration of your Baylor University education. If you wish to rescind the authorization you may do so at any time by notifying the Student Accounts Office in writing at baylor.edu/sfs/contactus.

If you have any questions about these authorizations or about Title IV funds you have received, please contact the Student Accounts Office at baylor.edu/sfs/contactus, or by phone at 254-710-2311.

Baylor One Stop New Location
Questions about financial aid, scholarships, billing and payment? Stop by the new One Stop location on the 3rd floor of the SUB or make a virtual office visit appointment today!