Tips for Winning a Scholarship
Below are a few suggestions when applying for outside scholarships.
- Be organized! Take note of the deadlines and add them to your calendar. Leave yourself enough time to complete the application and submit all required documents.
- Ensure you qualify for the scholarship. If you don't meet the scholarship's criteria, don't apply for that particular award.
- Identify what the scholarship is looking for in a recipient and mold your application to reflect how you represent this. Be personal and personable!
- Apply for less competitive scholarships (e.g., local or community-based awards), which increase your odds of being selected.
- For additional tips visit finaid.org/scholarships.