2015-2016 Verification Submission Deadlines
Fall 2015/Spring 2016 - April 22, 2016
Fall 2015 only - November 13, 2015
Spring 2016 only -
April 22, 2016
Summer 2016 -
July 22, 2016
2014-2015 Verification Submission Deadlines
Fall 2014/Spring 2015 - April 21, 2015
Fall 2014 only - November 18, 2014
Spring 2015 only -
April 21, 2015
Summer 2015 -
June 29, 2015
Verification is a process that compares specific information reported on the FAFSA with student/parent IRS Tax Return Transcripts and other specific information requested by our office.
Please note: prospective students who are selected for verification will receive estimated financial aid awards. You will receive a revised award notification if the estimated awards change as a result of the verification process. Awards will not apply toward your semester charges until the verification process is complete.
If you have been selected for verification and you do not want to receive federal, state and some types of university aid, you are not required to complete the verification process.
- Please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not plan to complete the verification process.
1. You will receive notification from our office providing you with detailed instructions. This will include required documentation, as well as a link to the required items.
2. Submit requested Forms/Documents and other required information to our office.
3. Once you have provided all required documentation to our office, it will take 10-14 business days for you to receive an award notification with your finalized awards.
4. You must complete verification no later than June 1st to ensure your aid is available to apply to your fall semester charges.
- Missing signatures on requested forms and documents
- Forms not filled out completely
- Student name and ID not provided on all forms and documents
- Changing your IRS Tax Return Information after using the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT)
- Correct your FAFSA by using the IRS Data Retrieval process or
- Submit your IRS tax return transcript(s) to our office
Each student selected for verification will receive notification from our office regarding the specific documentation required to complete the process. Please do not submit any documentation to our office unless specifically directed to do so.