How long does it take to become an authorized driver?
- There is not a set time as it varies for each applicants MVR to process, training to be completed, and internal processing of all validations. You can expect any where from 5-10 working days if applicant is responsive once training is assigned.
How do I know where requested applicants are in the authorization process?
- We encourage you to keep an internal compliance document noting when application was sent, when applicant received training email, and when training completion email was sent to University Compliance and Risk Services. *Requires communication between applicant and supervisor on driving application.
How do we get the training to be authorized to rent Baylor vehicles?
- You must complete the Request to Drive Application, meet Baylor Motor Vehicle requirements, complete assigned training form SafetySkills, and get an authorized to Drive email.
How long does training take?
- Time to complete training is dependent on the number of required trainings but typically can be completed in 1 – 3 hours.
How do I get training resent to me?
How do I know who is an authorized driver?
- Open the Baylor Authorized Driver List on the Driving for Baylor Webpage https://www.baylor.edu/risk/index.php?id=871837
Do I get a reminder that my driving authorization will expire?
- Yes, you will receive an email 1 month before your authorization expires. You will need to complete a Renewal Application and mark the appropriate training needed.
If I am driving for more than 1 department, do I need a separate application?
- No, once you are authorized to drive your name will be on the Authorized Drivers List and you can drive for any department.
How do I add training to my current driving authorizations?
- Complete a renewal application and choose Additional Training Needed and select the training needing to be added to your profile.
Can we take personal vehicles, or are we required to use Baylor owned/rented/leased vehicles?
- Baylor cannot prohibit you from taking personal vehicles; however, we highly encourage you to rent vehicles. If you choose to drive your personal vehicle for Baylor business, your personal insurance will be primary coverage and you will be responsible for paying your deductible.