Special Events

Special Events are defined as any event which involves Baylor owned property, outside vendors, large numbers of non-Baylor participants, or impacts multiple Baylor resources and departments. These events could be initiated by any enrolled student, faculty member, staff member, or any other individual, campus organization, partnership, association, or corporation desiring to use campus facilities. This does not apply to weekly meetings of Baylor student organizations or academic activities such as conferences or lectures.

Submit the online Special Event form for ALL events except for:

  • Student organization events and meetings registered through Connect
  • Events registered through Institutional Events requiring specific assistance with Zoom, remote support, coordination with production vendors or equipment for audio, video, lighting, or background

Special Event Request Form must be submitted no later than 10 days before the event.

All non-Baylor organizations/groups requesting the use of Baylor facilities for events or contracting with a Baylor-sponsored organization are required to carry liability insurance and provide a Certificate of Insurance to the Insurance Program Manager.

In response to COVID-19, Baylor University created The Baylor University Event Planning COVID Mitigation Policy and Event Mitigation Spreadsheet to assist event organizers in planning possible University events both on and off-campus during the COVID-19 pandemic. The policy and spreadsheet can be found in the Baylor Box location: https://baylor.app.box.com/s/azoerora0g3qawnl9dio4nhfb1ecbxtt. If you are an outside event planner, please email risk@baylor.edu to receive a copy of the policy and spreadsheet. Please review both documents and implement all recommended guidelines when planning your event. The policy is updated frequently, users should ensure they are viewing the most recent copy (see revision date) when beginning their planning process.

Insurance Resources

TULIP (Tenant User Liability Insurance Program) - Some events on campus require this insurance.

Special Events Insurance - Some events off-campus require this insurance.

Vendor's Example to follow for Insurance Requirements - Insurance Information

* The new TULIP and Special Events use on-line forms, but if the drop downs do not contain your specific event there are PDF forms that can be filled out for coverage.

* Baylor simply provides access to these insurance programs, Baylor receives no compensation for the use of these programs.

Contact for questions:
Jamie Gibson
Box #97371

University Compliance and Risk Services

Hankamer, Suite 330
Waco, TX 76706

(254) 710-2900