Driving for Baylor

To drive a Baylor vehicle or rent/drive a rental vehicle on behalf of Baylor, you must become an approved driver.

  • Fill out this form and return it to the Insurance Program Manager. You will receive an email within 10 working days with the result.
  • Do not submit this form if you have not yet had 3 years experience with driving. Past license numbers may be required to collect your last 3 year history of driving.
  • This approval will need to be renewed after two years.
Only Faculty & Staff should view the Approved Driver List to verify which faculty, staff, and/or student(s) are Baylor approved drivers. Checking each "Approved Until" date will show if their driving status has expired or is still current.

Van Driving

  • Must be 21 years of age
  • You are required to pass an on-line van quiz before driving a van on behalf of Baylor.
  • This test only has to be taken successfully one time. You do not need to retake this van quiz every two years with every two-year driving renewal.

Essential Forms for Vehicles

Keep a copy of the Automobile Accident Reporting Guide and a copy of the University's auto insurance identification card in your vehicle (rental vehicles, dealer loaner vehicles, and Baylor-owned vehicles) at all times.

Automobile Accident Reporting Guide
Information on what to do if you are involved in an automobile accident in a rental vehicle, dealer loaner vehicle or Baylor owned vehicle.

Incident Report Form - Complete the incident form for all automobile accidents.

Auto Insurance Cards

If you have specific questions or need immediate assistance please contact our Insurance Program Manager.

Jamie Gibson

University Compliance and Risk Services

Hankamer, Suite 330
Waco, TX 76706

(254) 710-2900