Driving for Baylor
- Complete ALL fields on the Request to Drive Authorization and Consent form (click "Request to Drive" box below under Resources).
- Forms must be submitted together by clicking the Upload Completed Driver Application box below under Resources.
- If your license is in the state of Washington you must complete Baylor's Request to Drive Application, Release Form, and Washington Driving Record Release of Interest Form. Submit the Washington Release for in the Upload Additional Driver Documents box below under Resources.
- Do not submit forms if you have not had 2 years of driving experience or have not completed the forms entirely. Past license numbers may be required to collect your driving history. Be sure to provide past license numbers and state. If you do not have this information handy, you can obtain it form your insurance agent.
- "Wet" ink signature is required. Do not submit electronic signatures as forms will not be processed.
- List department by Baylor given name. Ex. UA or Admissions should be typed as Undergraduate Admissions.
- Submit your request to drive at least two weeks prior to your drive date to allow administrative processing time.
- An additional 10 days are required after training completion to process the applicant MVR.
- You will receive an email from Safety Skills with login information and you can view your assigned trainings.
- Once you have completed ALL assigned training(s) and Univeristy Compliance and Risk Services has verified your training completion and MVR, you and the supervisor/department head listed on your form will receive an email confirmation stating you are authorized to drive on behalf of Baylor. Please understand, you are not authorized to drive until you receive this email notification.
- Driver authorization must be renewed every 3 years unless you receive citations or changes occur to your license.
- Approved Driver must report any moving violations or accidents within 24 hours to Risk Management and to the drivers department head.
- Before asking someone to drive on behalf on the University please ensure they are authorized to drive by checking the Approved Driver List.
- All assigned training must be completed before driver authorization will occur.
- Required training for all drivers:
- Baylor Driving Policy
- Distracted Driving Prevention
- Driver Safety On and Off campus
- Additional modules as assigned:
- ATV and UTV Safety
- Golf Cart Safety
- 15 or Fewer Passenger Van Driver Safety
- Applicant and the Department Supervisor listed on the application will receive an email once the requested driver is authorized to drive on behalf of Baylor University.
- If you choose to drive your personal vehicle for Baylor business, your personal insurance will be primary coverage and you will be responsible for paying your deductible.
- Renting a Vehicle? Be sure you read & understand the Vehicle Rental Insurance Information.
If you have specific driver questions please contact our Insurance Program Manager
Essential Forms for Vehicles
Keep a copy of the Automobile Accident Reporting Guide and a copy of the University's auto insurance identification card in your vehicle (rental vehicles, dealer loaner vehicles, and Baylor-owned vehicles) at all times.
Automobile Accident Reporting Guide
Information on what to do if you are involved in an automobile accident in a rental vehicle, dealer loaner vehicle or Baylor owned vehicle.
Incident Report Form - Complete the incident form for all automobile accidents.
If you have specific questions or need immediate assistance please contact our Insurance Program Manager
- Required training for all drivers: