It is anticipated that a number of organizations will be involved in responding to the severe weather associated with Hurricane Michael. This web site will be used to communicate information about those activities and responses.
If you would like to provide immediate financial assistance to relief efforts in areas impacted by Hurricane Michael, you may want to consider one of the listed organizations/campaigns below. While many of these organizations are focused on immediate relief efforts by providing shelter and supplies, some specialize in providing medical care and aid for those impacted.
Monetary donations should only be made to fully vetted sites and organizations. Charity Navigator provides information on organizations, as well as ratings for more than 9,000 charities.
Note: While Baylor University is supportive of the relief efforts currently being conducted by these organizations, Baylor is not affiliated with them.
Online Financial Donation Sites/Campaigns
- Florida Disaster Fund
- Matthew 25: Ministries (deploys response teams to deliver aid)
- American Kidney Fund (provides emergency support for dialysis patients in the impacted areas)
- Global Giving
- Samaritan's Purse (works specifically on rebuilding efforts for communities destroyed or damaged in natural disasters.)
- Catholic Charities
Other ways to help
American Red Cross has called for blood donations from those in unaffected areas.
Airbnb is encouraging its hosts with homes located near impacted areas to house displaced residents and relief workers for free until Oct. 29th.
Stay informed and keep up with the recovery efforts. Opportunities to assist may arise at any time.
Ways to help with flooding in Llano County:
- Austin Disaster Relief Network – 512-428-6322
- First United Methodist Church in Marble Falls
- They need:
- Cleaning supplies, water, tools and garbage bags
For more information, please visit:https://www.baylor.edu/engage/index.php?id=956568