Post-Award Administration assists Principal Investigators with the financial management of their sponsored research projects and with maintaining financial compliance with federal, state, local, and university regulations.
Award Set Up
- Set up the award in the university’s financial system to allow for PI spending.
- Provide general award maintenance activities for research awards, including the processing of award modifications (e.g. budget revisions, no-cost extensions, etc.), payroll kick-outs, Bear Quest approvals, Tuition Stipend Authorization (TSA) updates, etc.
Invoicing and Financial Reporting
- Prepare and submit invoices and financial reports to sponsors.
- Research and apply payments to the correct award on which to apply payment for awards. This process also includes managing payments that are expense credits to awards and collecting delinquent accounts.
- Verify that direct labor charges to, or cost shared on, sponsored projects are accurate, timely, and reflect the actual level of work performed.
- Complete the fiscal close of a sponsored project, which is a shared responsibility that involves the PI, URA, and Post-Award.
Assistant Vice Provost for Research, Post-Award Administration
Senior Post-Award Administrator
1420 S 5th St, Suite 418
Waco, Texas 76706
One Bear Place #97360
Waco, Texas 76798