Pre-Award Administration assists Principal Investigators with the review and submission of proposals to external funding agencies for sponsored research projects.
- Obtain necessary institutional approvals (Department Chairs, Deans, etc.) required for sponsor submission.
- Conduct review of the proposal package to ensure all applicable sponsor and institutional policies have been adhered to.
- Submit institutionally approved proposal package to sponsor.
Award Review and Negotiation
- Review all awards and ensure that all terms and conditions required by the sponsor can be met and are consistent with the policies of the institution.
- Work with the sponsor to negotiate mutually acceptable alternative language if the sponsor requests conditions or terms which either cannot be met or are out of conformance with internal policy.
Sponsor Point of Contact
- Liaise with sponsor for all required communications.
- Review and submit requests to modify the terms or conditions of projects (extensions, budget revisions, etc.) to sponsors.
Subcontract Initiation and Execution
- Work with PI and URA to initiate, negotiate, and execute subcontracts on awards.
Assistant Vice Provost for Research, Pre-Award
Senior Pre-Award Administrator
602 St. James Street, Suite 302
Waco, Texas 76706
One Bear Place #97360
Waco, Texas 76798