Some opportunities limit the number of proposals which may be submitted by investigators from an individual institution. For these opportunities, the OVPR holds an internal competition to select the applicant(s) who will represent Baylor through submission of a full proposal to the sponsor.
- Faculty who wish to apply for a limited submission opportunity must send an email to email@example.com with the solicitation attachment or link and a sentence stating their intent to apply. Please send an email as soon as you know you want to apply.
- If it is eight weeks or more to the external deadline and no other applicants have indicated interested, then the OVPR will either share the funding opportunity (e.g., NIH R25) or wait and approve after the eight-week mark (if there are no other interested applicants).
- If it is eight weeks or more to the external deadline and there are other applicants who have indicated interest, then a limited submission competition is held, and PIs are asked to submit an application (see competition process below).
- If it is under eight weeks from the external deadline and no other PI has indicated interest, the first to notify via email (step 1) is approved.
- OVPR will notify prospective investigators whether or not they are approved to submit full proposals.
Limited Submission Competition Process (if applicable)
- PIs will be notified via email that a limited submission competition is required. The following materials (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) must be attached to the emailed pre-proposal sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. central time eight weeks prior to the sponsor’s deadline.
Completed limited submission application form.
A one- to two-page pre-proposal. The pre-proposal should outline the proposed research and its relevance to the goals of the sponsor and the particular program(s). The most competitive applications will demonstrate a potential to enhance and expand research capabilities at Baylor, preferably across multiple disciplines.
An updated CV, in the format required by the desired sponsor, for each proposed investigator.
- The VPR assembles a small review committee to provide feedback on which proposal is the most competitive for the funder.
The OVPR internal deadline for most opportunities will be eight weeks prior to the sponsor's deadline. The OVPR internal deadline for the NSF's MRI program is three months prior to the sponsor's deadline.
To be considered complete and timely, applications must be received by the OVPR no later than 5:00 p.m. on the day of the internal deadline.
Questions?Contact Dr. Stacey L. Smith Stacey_L_Smith@baylor.edu