Proposals are due by May 1, 2019 at midnight PST.
Applicants should submit the following materials:
- A description of the work to be carried out, not to exceed 5,000 words (references do not have to be counted in this total). The description should include the central questions of the project, the background and significance of the questions, a description and rationale for the virtue(s) targeted in the intervention, a summary of the research design, and a description of the intervention context.
- A project abstract of up to 500 words that explains the project and its significance to non-academics, and that could be published on the project website, possibly published in John Templeton Foundation materials, and included in publicity materials if the proposal is funded.
- A timeline (template provided).
- A detailed budget spreadsheet (template provided), between $150,000 and $300,000 in total costs (direct and indirect), with an accompanying narrative (template provided) explaining line items, not to exceed three single-spaced pages. Overhead is limited to 5%, and funds cannot be used for major equipment purchases. Necessary project-specific costs for lab/space use and administrative support may be included as direct costs and must be justified.
- Approval of the relevant university signing officials.
- CV(s) or resume(s) of scholar and practitioner project leaders and a 500-word statement describing the capacity of the proposed team to perform collaborative work together.
Full proposals must be submitted by email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The words “Full Proposal” should appear in the email subject line. The only acceptable file formats are .doc and PDF. Questions about full proposals can be sent to the submission address. Full proposals must be received no later than May 1, 2019 at midnight Pacific Time. An acknowledgement email will be sent within seven days of receiving the materials.
- Finalists will be announced June 21, 2019.
- Revisions will need to be returned to grant team by July 15, 2019.
- Awards will be announced August 1, 2019.
- Grant begins on October 1, 2019