Hubler Endowed Scholarship
Gifts from the Hubler Family Trust have established the Raymond O. and Allene Breech Hubler Endowed Scholarship Fund to benefit outstanding Baylor University ministry students who are Religion majors and are participating in the Ministry Guidance Program in the Department of Religion. The amount of the Hubler Endowed Scholarship per semester is $5000 per Fall/Spring semester for full-time enrollment (12 hours +).
To be eligible a student must:
- Show evidence of a divine call to church-related vocational ministry.
- Demonstrate a lifestyle of commitment to the principles of the Christian life.
- Be a committed church member and actively involved in a school-year church.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (12+ hrs each Fall/Spring semester) with a declared major in Religion. (See the list of Religion Maj-Minor Course Requirements )
- Currently enrolled students must have a Baylor cumulative GPA of at least 3.25.
- Incoming students must qualify for a merit scholarship.
- Provide certification from his/her church in one of the following forms:
- certification of a call to church-related vocational ministry, or
- a certificate of license to the gospel ministry, or
- a certificate of ordination to the gospel ministry.
The student must complete a Hubler Endowed Scholarship Initial Application, and upload a written testimony of personal call to vocational ministry, and list Ministry Experience. In addition to your personal information, you will be asked to provide an email address for the pastor or church staff member from your home church who can provide evidence of your church certification and write a letter of recommendation. (Disregard if already submitted as a requirement for the BGCT Baptist Ministry Scholarship).
Please allow enough time for this application to be completed by March 15.
Qualifying students who accept this Hubler Endowed Scholarship assistance commit themselves to take Religion 2480 "Introduction to Ministry" at some point in their studies at Baylor. The course includes a five hour/week ministry internship. Failure to satisfactorily complete the Religion 2480 course will prevent the student from graduating from Baylor University unless the Hubler Endowed Scholarship is repaid.
Eligibility for the Hubler Endowed Scholarship must be reviewed and reaffirmed annually. The student will complete a Hubler Endowed Scholarship Renewal Application, form prior to March 15 each year. The student must meet the following renewal requirements:
- Demonstrate a life-style of commitment to the principles of the Christian life.
- Provide an email from the certifying pastor of your school-year church, thereby furnishing evidence of the student's involvement with a local church. (Hubler Endowed Scholarship recipients are urged to become involved with a local school-year church early in the school year and to identify themselves to the pastor and staff of the local school-year church, so that requirement #2 can be met satisfactorily at the time of the renewal application.)
- Submit a written reaffirmation of a sense of call to church-related vocational ministry and a desire to continue to receive the Hubler Endowed Scholarship.
- Maintain a declared major in Religion throughout the semesters in which the Scholarship is received.
- Maintain at least a 3.0 Baylor cumulative GPA.
- Meet the Baylor University standards for measurable satisfactory academic progress, as defined by the Statement of Satisfactory Academic Progress (copies available from the Baylor University Office of Academic Scholarships and Financial Aid).
- Be in compliance with any additional requirements or policies of Baylor University.
For further information, please contact Louine Adams in the Ministry Guidance Office, (254) 710-3739. The Ministry Guidance Office is located on the Baylor campus in the Tidwell Bible Building, Room 106.