Graduation and Placement Data
Time to Graduation
The majority of our students complete the program in 5 years.
Graduate Placement Five-Year Period
The Religion Department conferred 45 doctoral degrees from Summer 2013 through Fall 2018. As of Fall 2018, 30 alumni (66.66%) are employed in full-time positions that recognize the value of their PhD in Religion.
- 17 are employed in full-time faculty positions (37.77%)
- 3 are employed in full-time administrative positions at academic institutions (6.66%)
- 10 are employed in full-time professional positions where the PhD has qualified them in positions (ministry, secondary education, non-profit organizations, or religious publishing) (22.22%)
- 6 are employed in temporary full-time positions at academic institutions (13.33%)
- 7 are employed in part-time positions at academic institutions (15.55%)
Of the 13 graduates (28.88%) currently holding temporary full-time or part-time positions, we hope these alumni will transition into full-time positions, similar to those full-time positions described above. Of the remaining alumni, 2 are employed in positions where their Religion PhD was not a factor in their employment (4.44%).
Additionally, 1 ABD (All But Dissertation) student is already under contract in a full-time academic position prior to completing their PhD and does not show up in the statistics above because they have not technically yet graduated.
Placement of the 45 graduates and 1 ABD student employed (part-time and full-time) in institutions of higher education is distributed among the following universities or colleges:
Baylor University, Berry College, Catawba Valley Community College, Freed-Hardeman University, Gardner-Webb University, George W. Truett Theological Seminary, Harding University, Johnson University, Judson College, Loyola University, McLennan Community College, Memphis Theological Seminary, Pepperdine University, Princeton Theological Seminary, Simpson University, Southwest Assemblies of God University, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, and Valparaiso University.