Diploma Distribution for Current Graduates
Please note that diploma production and/or delivery may be delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will make every effort to keep this page up-to-date with the most current information. All posted information is subject to change.
When will diplomas be sent?
- Diplomas will be ordered the week after graduation. Please verify your diploma name with your degree planner as soon as possible prior to graduation.
- We currently expect diplomas to ship within 6-8 weeks of graduation.
- You will receive a notification at your Baylor email when your diploma ships.
Where will my diploma be sent?
- Diplomas are sent to each student's permanent home address, as entered in BearWeb.
- All students should log into BearWeb to verify/update their home address information prior to graduation. Be sure to select the "home address" option (not "local" or "residence").
- For international addresses, please see additional instructions below.
How will my diploma be sent?
- Diplomas will be sent via regular mail (USPS), unless you make alternative arrangements with us for your diploma to be shipped via UPS or FedEx.
- Diplomas ship directly from our printer in Virginia.
- Typical delivery times are 1-2 wk. for domestic delivery or 4-8 wk. for international delivery.
- Tracking will be available upon request if delivery appears delayed. Door-to-door tracking is not available for international orders shipped via USPS.
- After confirming your home address on BearWeb, we recommend contacting our office directly to clarify formatting for your international address. (BearWeb does not always allow correct formatting.) Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International students who will remain in the U.S. long-term after graduation may need to update their permanent home address in BearWeb.
- International students who prefer to mail their diploma to a U.S. friend or family member instead of their home address should notify us at email@example.com prior to graduation.
- We are always happy to work with international students on a case-by-case basis to make certain their diplomas arrive safely to their preferred address.
Degree Conferral and Degree Verification
When will my degree be posted and available for verification?
- We expect all degrees to be posted within 5-10 business days of graduation.
- As soon as degrees are posted, the conferral date will be visible on the student’s “screen-optimized” unofficial transcript in BearWeb. (Note: they will usually NOT appear on the print-optimized unofficial in BearWeb, as that transcript does not update once the student graduates.)
- Once the student sees the degree conferral date on their unofficial transcript, they will know it is fine to order official final transcripts or degree verification letters as needed.
Diploma, Verification Letter, or Transcript?
- Diplomas are considered ceremonial documents and are not intended for degree verification purposes.
- To verify your degree, please request a Degree Verification Letter or an Official Transcript, both of which are free and available by mail or electronically.
- Internationally, the diploma is sometimes preferred by universities or employers for verification purposes. To authenticate your diploma as official proof of degree, you may need to go through the Apostille process with the Texas Secretary of State, depending on the requirements of the country where you plan to work or study.
Staff members at the Office of the Registrar are always available to answer your questions. Please call 254-710-1181 or email Registrar@baylor.edu for assistance.