Yellow Ribbon Program
For the 2017-2018 academic year, Baylor University will participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program at the 50% rate of net tuition and mandatory fees. Tuition and mandatory fees less the $22,805.34 VA Cap, less any scholarship award that is designated for tuition and mandatory fees, equals net tuition and mandatory fees. Baylor will pay 50% of net tuition and mandatory fees using Baylor University's merit based scholarship and any additional Yellow Ribbon funds needed. The federal government will pay the remaining 50%. Tuition and mandatory fees will be covered in full.
Participation in the Yellow Ribbon program is optional and available on a first come, first serve basis to a limited number of eligible students:
To be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program:
- You must be approved by the VA to receive Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits at the 100% level. If your eligibility percentage is below 100%, you are NOT eligible to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- In order to apply you must have at least nine months of benefits. You must have entitlement left. (You will continue to use entitlement under the Post 9/11 GI Bill while participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program.)
- You must provide the VA Coordinator with the proper documentation needed to receive VA benefits under Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill while at Baylor University.
- You must not be active duty or an active duty spouse.
- You must be and remain in good academic standing with Baylor University. Baylor University is not required to continue making Yellow Ribbon contributions if a student is not making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) www.baylor.edu/sfs/sap.
- You cannot be receiving benefits under the John Fry Scholarship.
To apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program for the 2017-2018 academic year, email the VA Coordinator at Jessica_Alford@baylor.edu for application details.