Current Student Name and Address Change
How do I change my address?
Address changes for currently enrolled students may be made in person on the third floor of Robinson Tower, or may be sent via a Baylor e-mail account to Registrar@baylor.edu
. Additionally, address changes for student local or student home addresses may be made via BearWeb
. Once logged in, click on "Personal Information" and then click "Address(es) and Phones(s)."
How to request a name change for Baylor records?
Baylor University requires that an individual's full LEGAL name be included on the student's records. Upon admission to the University, every effort is made to ascertain the applicant's LEGAL name. Once the legal name has been determined, that becomes the official name of record. It will only be changed by the Office of the Registrar upon presentation of a written request and a legal document to validate the name change.
What are acceptable legal documents?
The legal document must be the original document or a certified copy of the original document. Photocopies and faxes are not acceptable.
- birth certificate
- marriage certificate/license
- divorce decree including reinstatement of former name
- court order for legal name change
- adoption documents
Procedure for changing the legal name
- Complete the change of name form and attach the appropriate legal document. Forms are available in the Office of the Registrar. (Suite 380, CRT)
- Return the form to the Office of the Registrar either in person or by mail (One Bear Place #97068, Waco, TX 76798).
- previous legal name
- current legal name
- Baylor ID number
- date of first attendance at Baylor