1. I should have received a package by now. How do I check the status?
When you receive a package, an email will be sent to your Baylor email address or a text notification will be sent to you. You will need to show your email or text message and your student ID to the mail center clerk and we will retrieve your package.
2. How long does it take the mailroom to process my mail?
First class mail is generally processed and in your box by 9:30 am each day. All other mail is processed and put in campus boxes by noon. Mail and packages received at the Bill Daniels Student Center location are processed the same day it arrives.
3. What shipping options are available?
Currently you can ship USPS, UPS and FedEx at the Mail Center.
4. I keep receiving mail that is not addressed to me. Why?
If a change of address is not filled out by the previous box holder, the mail will be placed in the box according to box number. Please return the mail to the window, and we will research the address or return it to the sender.
5. Can I keep my mailbox once I move off campus?
No, campus mailboxes are reserved for those individuals residing in on campus residential halls.
6. Can I have mail sent directly to my residence hall?
No, all mail and packages must be sent to the campus Mail Center. Mail is not accepted at the residence halls.
7. I lost my mailbox key. What do I do?
A replacement key can be purchased for $5.00.
8. Who do I call if I have continued issues with receiving my mail?
You can speak to the Mail Services Manager at 710-1318 at the Mail Center located in the (Student Union Building SUB), if this has already been exhausted feel free to contact Angie McGregor at 710-4882.
9. How long are packages held at the Mail Center before being returned to sender?
Perishable packages are held for one week. Other package types are held for three weeks.
10. What happens to items received for students who no longer have a mailbox assignment?
These items are returned to sender.
11. Can I send a friend to pick up my packages?
Packages will not be released to anyone other than the box holder. If there is a medical reason why you are not able to pick up packages, please send an email to Teresa_Mosley@baylor.edu for instructions
12. Do I need to wait for an email or text notification before I pick up my package?
Yes. Information included in the notification is required for package pick up.
13. Can a friend use my mailing address?
No, mailboxes are not shared. Items addressed to someone other than the mailbox holder will be returned to sender.
14. Will I receive a notification when I have letter mail in my mailbox?
No, notifications are only sent for trackable packages.
15. When are mailboxes assigned?
Mailboxes are assigned no later than August 1st of each academic year. A notification will be sent to your Baylor email address when assignments are completed. This email will include information about mailbox key pick up when you arrive on campus.
16. How should my mail be addressed?
Student Name 1 Bear Place #XXXXX (Your Box Number) Waco, TX 76798
17. Who should I contact if I need a package forwarded?
An email is sent towards the end of each semester asking for summer forwarding information. If you provide an address, first class mail and USPS packages will be forwarded automatically between June 1 - August 1. UPS and FedEx packages may require additional payment for forwarding. All mail forwarding is discontinued as of August 1 each year. If you need a package forwarded during the year, email Teresa_Mosley@baylor.edu and provide information.
1. How do I get barcodes?
Please fill out the barcode order form located on the Mail Services website. Barcodes are for departmental use only.
2. How long does it take to complete a Bulk mailing?
Processing time varies for each mailing. We strive to meet your requested mailing date and will communicate if there is an issue causing a delay.
3. Where is Outgoing Mail located?
Outgoing Mail is located at 2100 River Street. The building is located on LaSalle. From University Parks, turn on LaSalle, turn right at River Street, go past the first building on the right, turn right (you will drive through a fenced area). Our entrance is just past the covered parking on the right. Please ring the doorbell by the loading dock and we will come out to pick up your job.
4. Can we ship UPS or FedEx through Outgoing Mail?
No, these services are provided at the Campus Mail Center located inside the Bill Daniels Student Center (SUB).
5. Who do I call if I have continued issues with my outgoing mail?
You can speak to Annette Carnahan at 710-2119 at the 2100 River Street (L.L. Sams Building), if this has already been exhausted feel free to contact Teresa Mosley at 710-1318.