1. What is your acceptance rate?
Annually, we receive approximately 325 applicants. Of those, 30 are invited to the required in-person interview. At most, 7 students are admitted to the program. Therefore, the acceptance rate is approximately 2%.
3. When is the deadline for applications?
All application materials are due by December 8th.**Please note this is an extended deadline.**
4. Can I transfer in course credit?
No, we do not accept any transferred courses from any institution. This is a lock-step, cohort style program, so all students, regardless of previous degrees earned, start at the same place.
5. How long is the program?
The program is a five year program, with four years in-residence in Waco and the fifth year completing an internship at an APA-accredited internship site.
6. What financial assistance does the program provide?
All students who are accepted into our program have tuition paid. However, student fees and cost of living are not covered. Stipends are received for your work done at practicum sites years (1-3) and during your research/dissertation year (4).
7. Do you have to complete a dissertation?
Yes, all students must complete and successfully defend a dissertation in order to complete Baylor's PsyD program.
8. Do I need to complete a master's degree prior to entering this program?
No. You will earn a Master's of Science in Clinical Psychology at the mid-point of year 3 in the program, and then will continue on (without having to reapply to the program) to earn your PsyD at the end of year 5.
9. Do students have a faculty mentor?
Yes, all students have a faculty mentor who they study under for the duration of the program. This includes performing research alongside this faculty member and coauthoring papers with them.
10. How many hours of experience will I earn over the course of the program?
You will earn 2,000 hours of pre-internship clinical practicum experience and approximately 1,000 of additional clinical research experience.
11. How many students are currently enrolled in the program?
As of the time of this writing, we have 33 students currently enrolled in the program.