The Department of Psychology and Neuroscience Student Ambassadors are here to help you succeed!
Tutoring & Mentoring
We’re all junior and senior NSC or PSY majors who have been successful in our courses. Now we want to help you do the best you can do as well. Please feel free to come to office hours in BSB A.209 at any time with any questions you have about advising, coursework, careers, and more.
Office Hours in BSB A.209 for Fall 2017:
- Monday from 12:30PM - 3:30PM and 4:30PM - 6:00PM
- Tuesday from 11:00AM - 3:30PM
- Wednesday from 12:15PM - 5:00PM
- Thursday from 8:00AM - 10:45AM and 1:30PM - 3:30PM
- Friday from 8:00AM - 3:30PM
We'll also have some office hours at Common Grounds for a more casual meeting! They will be at 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The schedule is also posted on the door of BSB A.209 and on the PSY Advisement Board outside the PSY & NSC main office (B.309).
We would love to see you to talk about anything from adjusting to college to what classes you should take next semester, and are also happy to help you with something you’re struggling to understand in class.
If our posted hours don’t work for you, feel free to drop by at another time as we may be in A.209 outside of these specific hours. You’re also welcome to email us with questions or to set up a meeting!
Student Ambassadors for 2017-2018:
Alexa Larsen, Bethany Gray, Christian Hernandez-Zegada, Emma Greenwood, Jessica Schurz, Luke Moraglia, and Sarah Frank
Want to become a student ambassador?
Students are nominated by their professors for the Student Ambassador positions. All students must meet the following criteria:
- An upcoming junior or senior student
- High GPA (3.5 or above)
- Good personality
- Willingness to work with and for others
- Willing to positively represent the Psychology & Neuroscience Department in a variety of different ways (i.e. tutoring, mentoring, prospective student visits, etc.)
A commitee will review the nominations, with the final decision being made by the chair of the Psychology & Neuroscience Department. Appointments last for at least one school year and are paid.