Faculty Retirement Planning Program
The Provost's Office, working in concert with Deans, Faculty Senate and the President's Office, has designed the Faculty Retirement Planning Program to create proactive pathways for retirement planning that will mutually benefit the faculty members who are planning for retirement and the institution. To learn more about the program including time frames, retirement planning awards and program contract terms, click here.
Department / School Procedures for Processing Retirement Planning Program Requests
- Chair and/or Dean receives notice of intent to retire
- Notice of intent should include the plan type (Plan B or Plan C) as well as the choice of reduced workload or sabbatical.
- Notice is due to Chair or Dean each year by January 31 in order to be eligible.
- The Chair will share all faculty with intent to retire with the Business Officer by January 31.
- Dean will approve the intent to retire.
- The Business Officer will ensure intent is communicated to HR by January 31st. This will be cue to generate and disseminate the retirement contract to the Faculty member by March 5 pending faculty member eligibility.
- The $7,500 payment will be generated within 45 days after the signed retirement contract is returned to HR.
- Lastly, a retirement date will be placed within Ignite and a copy of the retirement contract saved to Box.
For additional questions, faculty members should consult with their Business Officer, Provost Office, or reach out to Ask HR