Orientations, Seminars, Institutes, and Retreats
- New Faculty Orientation for new tenured or tenure-track faculty focuses on teaching and scholarship within the context of a Christian university. For more information, email Debi Talley in the Office of the Provost.
- New Lecturer Orientation for new full-time lecturers focuses on teaching and scholarship within the context of a Christian university. Debi Talley in the Office of the Provost is the contact person for this event.
- New Faculty Mentoring Program for new tenure-track faculty pairs each new faculty member with a tenured faculty mentor who, through a series of formal and informal meetings, helps to initiate the new faculty member into the Baylor community and to facilitate his or her successful progress toward tenure. Vice Provost Jim Bennighof coordinates this program.
Institutes and Retreats
- Communio: A Retreat for Baylor Educators (annual retreat sponsored by the Institute for Faith and Learning)
- Summer Faculty Institute for full-time faculty provides activities designed to improve teaching and research and to encourage their integration.
- Summer Scholars- Institute for full-time faculty provides activities exploring a significant topic of interdisciplinary interest.
- Summer Writing Seminar for full-time faculty provides a forum for faculty members to discuss, encourage, and critique their scholarly writing.