Procurement Services is responsible for the acquisition of all University-owned vehicles. Vehicle purchase guidelines are as follows:
The Vehicle Purchase Request Form (found here) is routed to the appropriate approvers (below) prior to purchase:
- For replacement vehicles: Department Head or departmental approver
- For vehicles purchased as an addition to the Baylor fleet, the following additional approvals are also required:
- Key Budget Contact or Dean
- Chief Business Officer or Provost
- All vehicle purchases must be competitively bid in order to ensure fair and open competition and best pricing.
- Requests for bids may be performed by the acquiring department, or in coordination with Procurement Services.
Vehicle Purchase Requisitions
- When purchasing replacement vehicles, existing vehicles must be either traded or sold by Procurement Services.
- When trades are utilized, full documentation of trade amount, along with fair market value (e.g. NADA trade value) must accompany purchase documentation.
Requisitions must include:
- Competitive bids/supporting documentation
- Uploaded Vehicle Purchase Request Form with appropriate signatures
- Email address to where the purchase order will be dispatched
- Department One Bear Place address for registration renewals and recall notices
- Primary vehicle contact/driver
- Vehicle history report (e.g. Carfax) of vehicle being purchased
- Full documentation of trade amount
- Golf Carts will only be approved for departments demonstrating a valid business use and must have a location where they can be safely and securely stored when not in use and charged (if electric).
- Baylor University's sales tax exemption does not apply to the purchase, rental or use of motor vehicles.
For more information, contact:
One Bear Place #97084
Waco, TX 76798-7084