Termination, Transfer and Account Closure
Before leaving Baylor University, the Cardholder shall:
- Surrender the P-Card to their Approver.
- Print the current Baylor Transaction Detail (BTD) report. The date range to enter will be from the current billing cycle date up to the close date.
- Sign and date the report, attach receipts (if any) and provide to their Approver for review and approval.
- Provide their Approver with past months P-Card documentation in accordance with the Record Retention policy.
- Contact the Card Program Manager to request to close the account.
- Complete and submit the Baylor University Purchasing Card Program Cardholder Termination Form.
- Upon receipt of the BTD report, verify that it was created by the correct date range and confirm receipts (if any) match the transactions. Sign and date the report. If there is a zero balance, file with past months P-Card documentation
- If there is a balance on the account, after the end of month cycle (usually around the 21st) the Card Program Manager will e-mail a copy of the Cardholder’s Memo Statement. The Approver shall verify that the BTD report and statement totals match with proper itemized documentation. File along with past Cardholder’s P-Card documentation. If the statement shows additional charges without receipts, contact the Card Program Manager immediately.
Cardholders who transfer between University departments may keep their P-Card if their new supervisor wants them to have one. The new Approver shall e-mail the Card Program Manager and provide the new Department ID, campus address, phone number plus additional Department ID's, if pertinent. The Cardholder will provide their current Approver with past months P-Card documentation in accordance with the Record Retention policy.
Cardholders who no longer need their P-Card, will need to surrender it to their Approver. The Approver will need to complete the Baylor University Purchasing Card Program Cardholder Termination Form. All past documentation will need to remain in the department in accordance with the Record Retention policy.