Sending Flowers Policy
- The University will send an expression of sympathy for the death of any faculty/staff member or members of the immediate family (spouse, child, parents, or siblings).This will normally include a flower or plant sent to the employee with a card reading – In deepest sympathy, Your Baylor University Family.
- The University will pay for the casket spray (funeral service) or a large flower arrangement (memorial service) in Baylor colors for any active or retired employee with 25 or more years of service to Baylor University. Contact Human Resources to confirm years of service.
- In case of the death of a family member other than the immediate family (grandparents or in-laws), a sympathy card will be sent.
- The University will send get well wishes for the hospitalization of any faculty/staff member or their spouse or child.This will normally include a plant or flowers with a card reading – Wishing you a speedy recovery, Your Baylor University Family.
- The University will send flowers for the birth of any faculty/staff member or their child. This will normally include a card reading – Congratulations, on the birth of (girl/boy or child name)! Your Baylor University Family.
Please fill out the Flower/Plant Request Form to be reviewed and processed by Procurement Services.