The Travel Process
The Travel Process is a collaboration between the travelers, departments, suppliers and partners, as well as Procurement and Payment Services. We've briefly outlined the full travel process.
For Individual Travel
Individual travel is travel for employees, students, or guest (non-employees)
- Complete an Ignite Authorization and submit for approval to line manager to authorize the trip
- Complete a TRAVEL AGENCY AUTHORIZATION FORM (TAAF)
- Book trip with Baylor Travel Agency and include TAAF
- Complete trip and submit an Expense Report for out-of-pocket and Baylor Travel Card expenses. Please note, travel arrangements coordinated by Baylor Travel Agencies is automatically reconiled by Payment Services
For Group Travel
Group travel is travel by two or more students accompanied by a faculty member
If travel is outside of the United States, please reach out to CENTER FOR GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT
For travel within the United States:
- Contact a Baylor Travel Agency to obtain a quote for the trip. In the event a Baylor Travel Agency cannot accommodate your travel needs, you may contact a provider directly for quote/itinerary.
- Submit an Ignited non-catalog requisition for approval, be sure to attach the quote/itinerary and traveler rost to the requisition
- Baylor Accounts Payable will pay the Baylor Travel Agency or accommodations provider identified on the approved purchase order
- Complete trip and submit an Expense Report for out-of-pocket and Baylor Travel Card expenses. Please note, travel arrangements coordinated by Baylor Travel Agencies is automatically reconciled by Payment Services