The mission of Procurement Services is to provide value, quality, and customer satisfaction in our services while maintaining the highest level of professionalism, ethics, and integrity in support of Baylor University.
We support Pro Futuris and most directly Aspirational Statement Five: Judicious Stewardship “Baylor will be a community recognized for Judicious Stewardship... Where the value generated by and derived from a Baylor experience is supported through a diversity of revenues, prudent management of our resources and risks, and the pursuit of outstanding quality and character in every area of university life.”
Procurement Services is responsible for:
- Facilitating the University's approximately $250 million of annual Purchase Order spend on construction, equipment, supplies, and services.
- Providing administration and oversight of Baylor's card programs of over 800 cards with approximately $19 million annual spend.
- Assisting departments with sourcing strategies including Request for Proposal (RFP) issuance, evaluation, and contract formation in various areas of strategic campus activity.
- Managing contractual relations and performance for major university suppliers.
- Coordinating Baylor's printing procurement in order to maintain competitive pricing and a streamlined process for Baylor's customers.