The Baylor Bridges program connects Baylor alumni who are health care professionals and current Baylor prehealth students to build a community focused on advancing and enhancing education, research, global outreach and mentorship. This program is designed for Baylor University students interested in pursuing a career in medicine or other health related professions.
Pillars of the Baylor Bridges:
- Scholarship and Research - Baylor Bridges will build a community of scholars, composed of Baylor alumni and current students. Baylor Bridges aims to advance collaboration, cures, treatments and other medical innovations within health professions by fostering opportunities for research and continued learning.
- Leadership and Service - Baylor Bridges will address many issues of the global healthcare system by preparing talented and conscientious students for a career in medical leadership and service. By developing its partnerships, Baylor Bridges will enhance educational.
- Mentorship - Baylor Bridges will allow meaningful engagement between healthcare alumni and prehealth undergraduates through intentional programs that facilitate professional, personal and spiritual mentorship.
Features of Program:
- Mentorship: Alumni will mentor students through shadowing opportunities, special lectures, chapel discussions, internships and integrative curriculum with participation and buy-in by student-led organizations.
- Alumni Directory/Website: As an avenue for mentorship, the Board will work to identify qualified and vetted Baylor alumni in the medical field and pair them with prospective pre-Health students based on their matched interests. As an avenue for mentorship, the Board will work to identify qualified and vetted Baylor alumni in the medical field and pair them with prospective pre-Health students based on their matched interests. This directory will also serve as a resource for BU alumni to make connections.
- Special Events: Baylor Bridges members will participate in professional conferences, symposiums and lectures – sponsored and produced by alumni and pre-health students alike.
- Fundraising Campaigns:To support the goal and programs of each Pillar, Baylor Bridges will organize fundraising campaigns to support student engagement, recognition and support for special programs.
Baylor Bridges Alumni Governing Board
To ensure the success of Baylor Bridges, an Alumni Board will be established to direct and govern its program goals, engagement and outreach.
- The Board will oversee the development of each Pillar of the Baylor Bridges Program.
- A Sub-Committee will manage each Pillar and will be led by an elected Board Member.
- The Board will be chaired by an alumnus or alumna elected by the Board