APS annually organizes national meetings in March and April covering a wide variety of physics topics. As usual, many of Baylor physicists attended these meetings and gave a series of talks.
The talks in the March meeting include:
- Minimizing Reflections in Electronic Structure Calculations, G. A. Benesh and Roger Haydock
For the APS April meeting in Denver, CO, April 12-16, Dr. Gerald B. Cleaver and five of his graduate students participated. The presentations given include:
- Brandon Mattingly presented “Curvature Invariants for Lorentzian Traversable Wormholes.”
- Abinash Kar presented “Analysis of the Curvature Invariants for the Natario Warp Metric.”
- Cooper Watson presented “Properties of Wormhole Solutions of Einstein’s Field Equations for the Levi-Civita Metric.”
- Matthew Gorban and William Julius prepared a poster on the “Gauss-Bonnett Theorem for Analysis of Warp Metric Topologies.”
Sic 'em Bears!