Baylor Autism Resource ClinicBaylor Autism Resource Clinic (BARC) serves Waco and the surrounding community. The BARC is part of the Baylor Center for Developmental Disabilities in the Behavioral and Educational Services Division. Dr. Kristen Padilla-Mainor, director of the BCDD, also coordinates the programs of the BARC, which include a young adult support group for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
This group will provide a meeting place for students to get together with others who have similar experiences.
Some topics discussed will be:
- Enjoying an active social life
- How to perform well in college
- How to treat family members with love and respect
- How to hold down a steady paying job
- How to be a responsible adult
- How to take good care of yourself
- How to find supportive relationships