- Minimum Application Requirements
- 44 of the 66 prerequisite course hours completed
- 2 of the 4 prerequisite science courses completed (8 hours)
- 3.0 minimum GPA of completed prerequisite courses
- HESI A2 Exam requirements
- English Composite score of 80 or above
- Math score of 80 or above
- Learning Styles and Personality Styles inventories completed
- Additional Application Requirements for FastBacc only
- 2.75 minimum GPA of science prerequisite courses
- Bachelor's degree
- Faculty Interview
Prerequisite Course Information
There are 66 hours of required courses a student must complete prior to starting our program. However, a student only needs 44 of the 66 hours of prerequisite courses completed (including 2 of the 4 science courses) in order to apply. A student must successfully complete all prerequisite courses prior to starting the BSN program. The minimum grade point average to be considered for admission is a 3.0 in the prerequisite courses.
4 Science courses: Microbiology, Anatomy & Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II, and Chemistry
3 English courses: English I, English II, and English Literature1
2 Government courses2: Federal Government, and State & Local Government
2 Religion courses: Bible-based Religion, and World Religion; or Old Testament and New Testament
1 History course3
1 Nutrition course
1 Statistics course
2 Psychology courses: Intro to Psychology, and Developmental Psychology4
1 Sociology course
2 semesters of same Foreign Language (Spanish recommended)5
1 course (3 hours) general elective
1May be met by a course in American, British, or World Literature, or by an upper-level (that is, above the intermediate level) literature course in modern foreign languages or in classical languages.
2Baylor University graduates applying for the FastBacc program will take American Constitutional Development (PSC 2302) to fulfill Government requirement. Transfer students must take both federal and state and local government courses.
3Must be a course in World History, Western Civilization, a survey course in American History, or History of the American Woman.
4Course must cover entire life span.
5If taking Spanish as your language, must complete through equivalent of Baylor's SPA 1402/1412. Please use the transfer course equivalency tool to verify.
The following applies to any college work taken prior to transfer:
- To determine whether a course will transfer into Baylor University from another college or university, please refer to the Equivalent Course Tool.
- The most recent grade earned in a course will be used to calculate prerequisite GPA. However, any grade earned below a "C" will be factored into GPA but will require an applicant to retake the course in order to achieve a passing grade.
- A course with a grade of "Pass" may transfer, but only as elective credit.
- If a science or foreign language course is offered with separate lecture and lab, both portions must be completed. It is recommended that separate lecture and lab portions be completed through the same university or college.
- Credit by examination secured through another college or university by a student transferring to Baylor University will be accepted only to the extent that the exam and scores are equivalent to what Baylor accepts. Scores received must meet the Baylor University minimum score requirements stated in the Credit By Examination brochure in effect in the year that the student entered college as a freshmen. To find more information regarding accepted exams and minimum score requirements, please refer to the Baylor University testing website.
HESI A2 Entrance Exam
- Students must complete the following sections:
- English Composite
- Personality Styles Inventory
- Learning Styles Inventory
The HESI A2 exam may only be taken once during each admission period. In the event a student has taken the exam more than once, the most recent exam will be counted. HESI A2 scores cannot be pieced together.
Please refer to the HESI A2 Information page to learn how to register to take the exam and how to submit official scores to LHSON.
Students whose first/native language is not English, are required to take the TOEFL, regardless of US education, or years of residence. The Louise Herrington School of Nursing requires applicants to attain a minimum score of 560 on the paper based test, 220 on the computer based test, or 83 on the internet based test(IBT).
*Please note: the TOEFL score required by the Louise Herrington School of Nursing is higher than the minimum required by Baylor University.
Students must submit a completed Nursing School Application by November 1st (with official transcripts and official HESI A2 exam scores) to be considered for admission.
To begin your application, please create an account through the NursingCAS.
If you have any further questions about the NursingCAS application, please contact the NursingCAS Customer Service team 617.612.2880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.