Policy and Procedure for Awarding Scholarships
Eta Gamma Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International Louise Herrington School of Nursing, Baylor University
The Eta Gamma Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International will award 4 scholarships each fiscal year (June 1-May 31).
- One Undergraduate Student Scholarship-$200.00-Deadline for submission December 1
- One Graduate Student Scholarship-$200.00-Deadline for submission December 1
- One Member Scholarship in Spring-$500.00-Deadline for submission December 1
- One Member Scholarship in Fall-$500.00-Deadline for submission May 1
Scholarships may be requested for:
- Conference attendance, if presenting a poster or podium presentation
- Conducting research, evidence based practice or policy change
- Providing financial support for professional development or training
- International work through BU global partners or other professional nursing organizations
THE REQUEST for the scholarship should include the following:
- Abstract of presentation, poster, research, EBP, Policy change, professional development or international work
- Brief summary of anticipated benefits to current or future nursing practice
- Current resume or CV
- Budget with justification.
Awardees must be:
- Student: Current student in good standing at LHSON at the time of application.
- Member: Member of STTI, Eta Gamma Chapter.
- Willing to present their work at a STTI meeting after their award.
Proposals will be evaluated and ranked by a review panel comprised of the Awards Committee. One application from each proposal category will be selected.
For questions or concerns regarding this process please contact Lyn_Prater@baylor.edu.