LHSON COVID Update - July 30, 2020
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff of LHSON,
I want to relieve any anxiety that might have been caused by the new COVID testing policy and communications related to that. LHSON will be handling the COVID testing differently than the Waco campus. We will be working with a lab here in Dallas and our testing will be done here on our campus. No kits will be mailed to you. We will send more details next week so please wait for more information. For now, all you really need to know is:
- Students, faculty and staff returning to the LHSON buildings the week of August 10th will be tested on either Saturday, August 8th or Sunday, August 9th.
- Students, faculty and staff returning to LHSON buildings the week of August 17th will be tested either August 15th or 16th.
- Students, faculty and staff returning to LHSON buildings the week of August 24th will be tested either August 22nd or 23rd.
- Graduate students that will not be coming to campus in August will not be tested at this time.
- Faculty teaching in the online programs will not need to be tested unless you choose to come to campus in August.
We recognize that those weekend dates might not be convenient for everyone and we will have back up plans for those that cannot come to the building on the weekends specified. All details will be communicated next week. Please know that we are looking forward to your return. We have missed you and only want the very best for all of you, so please do not worry about this next event. We will find a plan that works for us all while keeping us healthy and ready to start the Fall 2020 semester. I look forward to seeing every one again soon.
Linda Plank, PhD, RN, NEA-BC
Baylor University Louise Herrington School of Nursing
333 N. Washington Ave., Dallas, TX 75246-1754
972-576-9115 (o); 214-725-1795 (c)