The responsibilities of the Dean of the Louise Herrington School of Nursing include but are not limited to:
- Leading and advancing the academic enterprise that is commensurate with the Christian mission, values and vision of Baylor University through strategic faculty, staff, and student recruitment, retention, recognition, and development.
- Developing a shared vision for the future that is inclusive from community to global health improvements, representing all areas of the School and engaging key stakeholders
- Demonstrating expertise in strategic planning, fiscal management, and the ability to lead, facilitate, and delegate with effectiveness.
- Demonstrating capacity to set strategic priorities that advance the School’s mission while marshaling and distributing the resources necessary to focus these efforts.
- Building an effective and efficient infrastructure to support research in the School within a research-intensive university and faculty in their research efforts resulting in publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at prestigious national and international conferences.
- Commitment to a strategic deployment of resources to grow nursing programs to meet the needs of a flourishing health care community in Dallas and beyond.
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing global mission partnerships.
- Contributing actively to substantial development and fundraising efforts.
- Committing to diversity among faculty, staff, and students to advance a culture that promotes inclusion and welcomes and encourages diverse dialogue.
- Demonstrating the ability to create and nurture an environment that values faculty and staff contributions, recognizes excellence, and promotes a positive atmosphere of achievement and selfless service for students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Creating and sustaining an atmosphere of open communication, collaboration and respectful, interprofessional working relationships.
- Cultivating strategic partnership networks and collaborating with nursing and transdisciplinary academia, external organizations and healthcare leadership at local, regional, state, national and international levels