Second degree seeking (post baccalaureate) students interested in applying to the Dallas campus from other accredited colleges and universities are eligible each year to apply for our traditional two year spring cohort that starts in January. In order to be considered for admission, students must demonstrate successful completion of prerequisite courses and pass an entrance exam.
Minimum Application Requirements
- 33 of the 52 prerequisite course hours completed
- 2 of the 4 prerequisite science courses completed (8 hours)
- 3.0 minimum GPA of completed prerequisite courses
- 2.75 science GPA
- 2.5 overall cumulative GPA
- HESI A2 Exam requirements
* English Composite score of 80 or above
* Math score of 80 or above
Prerequisite Course Information
There are 52 hours of required courses a Second degree seeking (post-baccalaureate) student must complete prior to starting our program. However, a student only needs 33 of the 52 hours of prerequisite courses completed (including 2 of the 4 science courses) in order to apply. A student must successfully complete all prerequisite courses prior to starting the BSN program. The minimum grade point average to be considered for admission is a 3.0 in the prerequisite courses.
Anatomy & Physiology I
Anatomy & Physiology II
English Composition I
English Composition II
Intro to Psychology
Intro to Sociology
1May be met by a course in American, British, or World Literature, or by an upper-level (that is, above the intermediate level) literature course in modern foreign languages or in classical languages.
2Two courses (6 hours) are required to satisfy the religion requirements. Transfer students can take world religion for one requirement however the second requirement must be a bible based religion course. We will also accept Old Testament and New Testament.
3Must be a course in World History, Western Civilization, a survey course in American History, or History of the American Woman.
4Course must cover entire life span.
Please use the transfer course equivalency tool to verify.
Please note: The following applies to any college work taken prior to transfer:
- To determine whether a course will transfer into Baylor University from another college or university, please refer to the Equivalent Course Tool.
- The most recent grade earned in a course will be used to calculate prerequisite GPA. However, any grade earned below a "C" will be factored into GPA but will require an applicant to retake the course in order to achieve a passing grade.
- If a science or foreign language course is offered with separate lecture and lab, both portions must be completed. It is recommended that separate lecture and lab portions be completed through the same university or college.
- Credit by examination secured through another college or university by a student transferring to Baylor University will be accepted only to the extent that the exam and scores are equivalent to what Baylor accepts. Scores received must meet the Baylor University minimum score requirements stated in the Credit By Examination brochure in effect in the year that the student entered college as a freshmen. To find more information regarding accepted exams and minimum score requirements, please refer to the Baylor University testing website.
HESI A2 Entrance Exam
Students must complete the following sections:
- English Composite (reading comprehension, vocabulary, general knowledge & grammar)
Minimum scores of 80 or better on both the HESI A2 math and English composite portions are required to be eligible to apply to the nursing program. The HESI A2 exam may only be taken once during each semester, with a maximum of three attempts. A 60 day waiting period is required between tests. In the event a student has taken the exam more than once, the most recent exam will be counted. HESI A2 scores cannot be pieced together. Please refer to the HESI A2 Information page to learn how to register to take the exam and how to submit official scores to LHSON.
Students whose first/native language is not English, are required to take the TOEFL, regardless of US education, or years of residence. The Louise Herrington School of Nursing requires applicants to attain a minimum score of 560 on the paper based test, 220 on the computer based test, or 83 on the internet based test (IBT). If a student holds a bachelor's or higher degree from an accredited U.S. institution, the TOEFL will be waived.
*Please note: the TOEFL score required by the Louise Herrington School of Nursing is higher than the minimum required by Baylor University.
Transfer students must submit a completed Nursing School Application by May 31 (with official transcripts and official HESI A2 exam scores) to be considered for admission for our spring term.
*A supplemental application to Baylor University is required if admitted into the Nursing School.
To begin your application, please create an account through NursingCAS. If you have any further questions about the NursingCAS application, please contact the NursingCAS Customer Service team 617.612.2880 or mailto:email@example.com.
Additional Application Information
Please carefully review the official admissions policy to acquaint yourself with ALL requirements for attending the Louise Herrington School of Nursing.
Contact for transfer applicants:
Coordinator of Recruitment & Enrollment
(972) 576-9100 or Elaine_Lark@baylor.edu